Many gamers would like to disable the window key at the keyboard. Especially disable the left window key at the keyboard. They find it very irritating whenever they accidentally press it during the game time.
To disable window key at keyboard just follow the steps below:-
- Click on Start -> Run -> type regedit
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Keyboard Layout
- Create a new Binary Value with key name = Scancode Map (or modify it if exists)
- Value set to 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 00 00 5B E0 00 00 5C E0 00 00 00 00
- Once finish, close your registry editor and logout your window (or restart) and your window start key should be disable by now
Important Note: This tutorial teach you how to modify the ms windows registry. Modifying the registry can cause serious problems to your computer. Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. If problem happen you need to know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. Use this tutorial at your own risk.
[tags]disable window start key, disable window key, window key, disable window key at keyboard, windows xp, win xp, windows hack, win hack, registry modification[/tags]