I need to restart my window 7 machine which i remote desktop in, but there is no restart button! So, other solution will be restart using command line. After checking some documentation, i found out “shutdown.exe” is the command that can be use to restart the computer.
To restart using command line in Window 7, follow the steps below:-
- click on Start -> type cmd and press “Enter”, a command prompt window will pop out
- type the below command in the command prompt and press enter.
* you need to be admin privilege to execute this command.
- Now you will see a message prompt out saying that “Window will shutdown in less than a minutes”
- Just wait a while and your machine will be automatically restart