When you watch DivX/XviD movies in foreign language, you can turn on the subtitle in Windows Media Player. Before you can turn on the subtitle, you have to ensure you have the item below:-
- subtitle files with same file name as movie (just different extension) and put it in the same folder with the movie.
movie filename: c:\movies\my_movie_title.avi
subtitle filename: c:\movies\my_movie_title.sub
- DirectVobSub Installed – the subtitle filter for Windows Media Player.
DirectVobSub is a DirectShow filter that used to display subtitle. Click here to download DirectVobSub.
- Once DirectVobSub is installed, play your movie with Windows Media Player.
- While the movie is playing, Click on Play -> Captions and Subtitles -> On if available
- Now your movie should have subtitles below the screen.
If you would like to download DivX movie subtitle, here’s the list of site to download movie subtitle:-
Enjoy your movies!