You can configure outlook express to use SSL for communication. if your ISP block port 25, u can configure outlook to use SSL secure connection. Secure connection (SSL) provide a more secure way to manage your daily mail operation.
To configure SSL in Outlook express, follow the steps below:-
- Go to Outlook Express -> Tools -> Account
- click on Mail tab -> highlight your email account -> Properties
- Click on “Advance” tab, Server Port No. for Outgoing Mail SMTP change to 465
- Server Port No. for Incoming Mail POP3 change to 995
- Check both the “This server require a secure connection (SSL)”
- Click OK and Close the “Account” Window.
- Done, your mail account will use secure connection for the mail operation
Now u can try to send your mail.
If you do not have any SSL certification, Outlook will prompt you for security trust, u just click on “Trust”.