When there is new version of window media player release, you will get a upgrade message in window media player. To disable this upgrade message in Window Media Player, just follow the steps below:-
- Click Start -> Run -> type regedit and enter
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ MediaPlayer\ PlayerUpgrade
- Create a String value with the key AskMeAgain and set the value to no. (if the key AskMeAgain already exists, just modify it’s value)
- That’s all. You just disable the window media player upgrade message
- Please logoff or restart your pc To take immediate effect.
** To enable the window media player upgrade message, just change the value of AskMeAgain to yes
Important Note: This tutorial teach you how to modify the ms windows registry. Modifying the registry can cause serious problems to your computer. Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. If problem happen you need to know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. Use this tutorial at your own risk.
[tags]disable window media player upgrade message, disable upgrade message, disable auto upgrade message, window media player upgrade message, disable message, disable media player upgrade message, microsoft, microsoft media player, window media player[/tags]