As promised, i’ll teach you how to sync Google Calendar with Thunderbird today. Now you can sync your Thunderbird with Google Calendar by using Provider for Google Calender add-on. So to sync Google Calendar with Thunderbird you need to install one more plugin for your Thunderbird.
Below is the steps to sync Google Calendar with Thunderbird:-
- Download and Install Thunderbird plugin – Provider for Google Calendar
- If you have no Calendar running, you can skip step 2, 3 and 4. If you already have your current Calendar running, you need to export your Calendar. Go to your Thunderbird Calendar view, click on File -> Export Calendar -> Select your Calendar -> enter a name for the export file and select iCalendar (.ics) at “Save as type:”
- Now, login to your Google Calendar and go to the Left Side bar -> My Calendar -> Click on “Add” and Select “Import Calendar”
- Click on Browse -> select the .ics file you just export out from your Thunderbird -> Choose your calendar and click “Import”
- Go to “Settings” at the top left corner -> Click on “Calendar” Tab -> Click on your calendar name -> Look for Private Adress and copy the url for XML (Right Click -> Copy Link Location).
Google Calendar Settings
Select your calendar
Google Calendar Private Address for XML
- Go to Thunderbird -> File -> New -> Calendar
- Create New Calendar window popup -> Choose “On the Network” -> Choose “Google Calendar” -> Paste your private xml link to the “Location” text box and click Next
- Now enter a name for your Calendar and choose your calendar Color and mark if you need the alarm for all your imported event and click “Next” -> “Finish”
- Now, You will be prompt to enter your Google Calendar login, enter your login.
- Done, your Thunderbird should be sync with Google Calendar by now.
** You must have Thunderbird version 2.0 and above to run Calendar add-ons. If you have not install Calendar add-on, you can learn it from from my previous post – How to add calendar in Thunderbird