WordPress show ver no. in meta generator tag by default. You may remove the meta generator tag for security reason. It’s easy to remove meta generator tag in wordpress, just add a line to a line.
To remove meta generator tag in wordpress, follow the steps below:-
- Login into your wordpress admin panel as administrator privilege
- Go to Appearance -> Editor and click on the file functions.php
- Go to the bottom of the page and add this line before the line with ?> and click Update
- if you do not have functions.php file, you may create one with the content below and upload to your theme folder:-
<?php remove_action('wp_head', 'wp_generator'); ?>
- Done, you have just removed meta generator tag in wordpress
- Now clear your wordpress cache (if you have any) else you can visit your front page to verify the existence of meta generator tag
How to move Firefox tab bar to bottom
How to disable ssh root login?
How to forward email as inline in Thunderbird
MySQL: Full text search for multiple words
How to install SVN 1.6 on CentOS 5
WordPress WP-Cache with GZip Compression enable
OpenOffice Calc worksheet tab went missing
How to import contacts from Mac to Nokia N900
Share this with your friends:-
Thanks! Nice temporary solution.
I don’t mind if it says generator=WordPress, because it is dead easy to find out which cms it is anyway, but I object to the version numbers.
It works on WP 3.1.2
hi, from wat i tested, this tricks still works on WordPress 3.10
It stopped working in WP 3.0+
Thanks for that tip! It was very easy and very helpful for removing the meta generator tag!