If you looking for free program to rip DVD movies, try Handbrake. HandBrake is a free open source program that able to rip DVD movies easily. It can easily rip DVD and convert it into a number of formats such as AVI, MP4, MKV or OGM which can be played on your PC, iPod, Mac, Linux box, Apple TV, PSP, Television, iPhone or mobile phone.
To Rip DVD movies with Handbrake, follow the steps below:-
- First of all, download the Handbrake software and then install the software on your local hard disk. Launch HandBrake application, a simple interface should appear like the screenshot above.
- Insert DVD disc into the DVD drive of your PC.
- Press the “Source” icon and select your DVD drive.
- Click the Open button and many titles will be displayed included in this DVD disk. Choose an appropriate title as per your requirements.
- Select the output format, and then configure other settings such as audio track, video quality, bit rate, Audio Sample Rate, Picture Settings, etc.
- Ensure that all the desired settings are done and then click the Rip button. You will see a progress bar showing the ripping speed.
Note: Handbrake is compatible with the CSS encryption. If you want to rip a DVD encrypted with another method you should first use a third party decrypted like DVDShrink.