Recently we need to migrate my Google Calendar to Zimbra Calendar. Since Google Calendar provide export capabilities, it easy the migration work. After some research, i found the way to import of Google Calendar to Zimbra and it is not that difficult as what i think. Furthermore, this can be done easily by end user too. This will be a time saver for me :p
* The tutorial below is based on Zimbra version 6.0.7.
To import Google Calendar to Zimbra Calendar, follow the steps below:-
- First you need to Export your Google calendar.
- Then login to your Zimbra click on “Preferences” tab -> “Import / Export” (from the left navigation bar)
- At the “Import” section, Select the calendar file that you just exported from Google Calendar for the “File” input
- At the “Destination”, select the calendar that you wish to import your data to.
- Now click on “Import” button and wait. (this process might take few minutes depending on your calendar size).
- Once the import done, Zimbra will prompt you for confirmation. and you will see all your Google Calendar in your Zimbra calendar now!
Notes: i face some problem after importing my google calendar to zimbra. Some event doesnt show up in Zimbra. I have to remove the imported calendar and redo the import again and it fix everything.