Recently my friend computer got infected by virprotect. Everytime he start his computer, IE will popup to http://www.virprotect.com/?aff=1012. Besides, everytime he start his IE it will load http://www.virprotect.com/?aff=1012 first. He can’t stand the popup and ask me for help to solve the problem.
After install the fake anti spyware program, you will see this balloon notification.
After i go thru his pc, i found that he just installed a new anti spyware program name AntiSpywareShield. I suspect this is a fake anti spyware program that install malware and trojan to your pc. After doing some research from here, i’ve prove that my statement is correct. AntiSpywareSheild is a fake anti spyware program. If you install it, your pc will be infected by trojan and malware.
Screenshot for program auto start, when win xp start.
To remove http://www.virprotect.com/?aff=1012 follow the steps below:-
- Download SmitfraudFix.exe from here
- Once download, double click on the file SmitfraudFix.exe and select 1 and enter
Wait until it finish it’s scan
- After finish the scan, reboot your PC in Safe Mode
To reboot in safe mode, just restart your PC in normal way and keep press F8 while your PC start (b4 window xp load). A menu will pop up and you choose to boot in Safe Mode (without Networking)
- Once Window XP loaded in Safe Mode then double click on SmitfraudFix.exe again.
- Select 2 and press Enter to clean those infected files.
- During the cleaning process, you will be prompt “Do you want to clean the registry ?” and select Y(Yes) and press Enter
- You might be prompt 2nd time for “Replace infected file ?“, select Y (Yes) and press Enter again to restore the clean system file.
- Once the cleaning process finished, just reboot your PC again in normal way.
- Now the malware and trojan has already removed. Your IE wont show http://www.virprotect.com/?aff=1012 again!
Thanks to joedanger for create such a great tools to remove malware!
Author website: http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php
This tutorial involve third party tools to clean your PC. TechieCorner.com has no relationship with joedanger in anyway. So, use this tool at your own risk!