Always been ask how to type chinese character in Ms Win. To type chinese in windows, you can download you can download Google PinYin Chinese input method for free. Google PinYin chinese input method is release by Google Lab (China). It’s a free Chinese input method you can install for your Ms Windows machine.
Google PinYin Chinese Input Method has many good features including:-
- Smart sentence building – Google PinYin Input Method builds sentences for you, reduce the time to choose the correct words.
- Popular words – Powered by Google database, Google PinYin Input Method automatically updates the latest buzz words in Internet.
- Sync – You can sync your input habit and personalized words with Google account and apply it on other computer.
- One-click search – It is Google. You can search any word directly from the Google PinYin Input Method toolbar
- English input – Google PinYin Input Method gives English words suggestion when you type english characters. No need to switch input method.
Once download and installed, you can activate google pinyin chinese input method by ALT + Left Shift.
- First, point your cursor to somewhere you want to do your input (ex: notepad, word, or etc)
- Then, Press ALT + Left Shift
- then you can start to type using pinyin method, google pinyin will popup and suggest the nearest possible chinese character to you
- To select the character, just enter the number beside the character. You can also use Space bar to select the 1st suggested character.
Click here to dowload Google PinYin Chinese Input Method
p/s: I’ve tried Windows default chinese input method but the word suggestion is not as good as Google PinYin Chinese Input Method. I recommend Google PinYin Chinese Input Method
how can i change back to simplified mode from traditional mode?
To both Su and Zak,
you can do ctl+shift+T to switch from simplified characters to traditional characters. Cheers.
Just downloaded google pinyin input system, but since i can only read tradtional characters, i am having trouble swithing it out of the simplified mode. Can anyone help me out?
Is that possible to use Google Pinyin to enter traditional Chinese characters? If it is, may I know how to set it up? If it is not, may I know any good tool to handle it?
I downloaded google pinyin a few years ago and it stopped working.
It worked, and now it won’t work.
So I downloaded it again.
Still didn’t work.
So I deleted the files for google pinyin.
and downloaded them again.
Still didn’t work.
I recently switched to vista, but it worked.
I leave my house come back and it doesn’t work.
has something changed?
help for the technologically impaired.
Press ALT + Left Shift again and it will switch back to English.
use ALT + Left Shift to switch between your input preference.
How can I turn off Google Pinyin back to English inputï¼Ÿ
That was what I did, actually I just found out that Google Pinyin needs the Asian Languages installed as prerequisite, is that correct? I did not have Asian Languages installed in my system.
Thanks for your reply.
Meiren: 1st you must put your cursor to some place that you can type (ex: ms word, notepad) then only u press ALT + LEFT SHIFT. else it wont show up.
I did download and install Google PinYin, but when I tried to switch to Chinese input, nothing happens by press Alt + left Shift keys. Did I missed anything?
have u install the eastern language for your window?
go to Start -> Control Panel -> Regional -> check install eastern language pack
it should work fine.
i downloaded the google pinyin and it looks like it works great but when i type in a microsoft word doc the drop list only shows boxes. if i click on a box, however, i get the character. should i download the microsoft language pack for chinese? what should i do??
pls email me the solution
thankyou so much