Many friends ask me how to install LAMP (Linux, apache, php, mysql). There are many ways to install LAMP. Here i teach you the most easiest way to install LAMP using yum program in CentOS.
Below are the steps to install LAMP (Apache, PHP and MySQL in Linux) using Yum:-
- Go to CentOS and download a copy of CentOS Linux and install it (i’ll not go thru the how to install CentOS with you here)
- Once your CentOS is installed. Open a terminal (if you are using X-Window), and type yum install httpd and follow on screen instruction to install apache web server
- Once apache web server has been installed, type yum install php
- Once PHP installed successfully, type yum install mysql-server mysql
- Once everything finish, type service httpd start to start your apache web server, screen will show you if web server service successfully started
- type service mysqld start to start your mysql server
- Once both services is running, you can point your browser to http://localhost and you should see a welcome page from CentOS
- If you see that welcome page, you just installed everything successfull.
- To test if php is running, go to /var/www/html and create an index.php file with the content below
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
and refresh your browser again. If you see a purple PHP information page showing all the php configuration variables, then php is running now.
- Congratulation, you just successfully installed LAMP in your machine.
* Example above install CentOS linux under custom mode where no package will be selected during the installation (very clean install – only require 1st Installation CD).
* Please make sure that your PC has Internet Connection on during the yum installation process.
** You can also install all the services at once using “yum install httpd php mysql-server mysql”
*** THIS IS SETUP IS JUST SUITABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT PURPOSES, DO NOT USE IT FOR PRODUCTION ***