People tend to like the colourful Windows XP desktop.
Do you know the nice GUI (graphical user interface) is using a lot of system resources?
You can optimize your Ms Windows XP performance by disable some of these visual effect.
To optimize your Windows XP:-
1. Click Start => Setting => Control Panel
2. Click System => Advance Tab
3. Click Settings button under Performance
4. Under Visual Effects tab, select Adjust for best performance
(all the check boxes will be unchecked)
5. Scroll down the list and check “Use Common Tasks in Folders”
6. Click OK and OK again.
Your Windows XP will now has less colourful and lesser visual effect and it will looks like Ms Windows 98.