Many of my naughty friends always ask me how to clear the recent play list in window media player. He share his PC with his brothers and sisters and he always view X rated video. The only stupid way to clear recent play list in window media player is to open a lot of different media file to push the file out from the recent play list.
Here is a more faster way to clear recent play list in window media player, but it need some registry modification. To clear recent play list in window media player, just follow the steps below:-
- Click Start -> Run -> type regedit and enter
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ MediaPlayer\ Player
- Clear the RecentFileList sub key value to remove file list that you recently played
- Remember to restart your window media player to take effect
New version of window media player (v10) come with the option to clear save file and URL history. To clear recent play list in new window media player, follow the steps below:-
- Start your Window Media Player 10
- Click on Tools -> Option, Click on Privacy Tab
- Click on Clear History and Clear Caches under History section
- Done, you just clear your recent play list in window media player
[tags]clear recent playlist, clear recent play list, clear recent playlist wmp, clear recent play list wmp, clear recent playlist window media player, clear recent playlist media player, media player, window media player[/tags]
The registry sub key RecentFileList and RecentUrlList not found at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ MediaPlayer\ Player in window media player version 12.0.19041.329 . I request you to tell me about where to find it.
I will be very thankfull to you.
That’s stupid! hit Alt to show the menu>Tools>Options
then got to privacy and clear history and cache.