Just gone thru the maximum length limit for different MySQL TEXT field types. I’m designing a table to store large amount of data within a field. To avoid data being truncated automatically, it’s good to know the maximum length limit for different MySQL TEXT field types.
Here’s the summary for maximum length limit for different MySQL TEXT field types:
- TINYTEXT – 256 bytes – 256 character
- TEXT – 65,535 bytes (~64kb) – 65,535 character – around 16,383 UTF8 character
- MEDIUMTEXT – 16,777,215 bytes (~16MB) – 16,777,215 character – around 4,194,303 UTF8 character
- LONGTEXT – 4,294,967,295 bytes (~4GB) – 4,294,967,295 character – around 1,073,741,820 UTF8 character
* assuming one UTF8 character = 4 bytes.
Credit: MySQL Data Type Storage Requirement
Free Anti Virus for Mac OS X - ClamXav
MySQL: How to add column to existing table
WordPress: How to remove meta generator tag?
How to setup multiple identities in Thunderbird?
How to svn thru ssh in Linux / Mac
How to set print area in Calc - OpenOffice
How to hide apache2 version number in error page
Share this with your friends:-