Just installed Mac Word 2011 and encounter this “Word cannot start the spelling checker. The spelling checker files may be missing. Make sure the spelling checker files are installed or use the Microsoft Office Installer to install the spelling checker.”
To solve “word cannot start the spelling checker”, follow the steps below:-
- Start your Word 2011, Go to Preferences
- Click on “Spelling and Grammars”
- Un-tick “Check Spelling as you type”
- Un-tick “Check Grammar as you type”
- Click “OK”
- Done, it should be temporarily solve this problem.
* This is just a temporarily solution.