My N900 virtual keyboard not working after i installed SCIM for Maemo, i tot it’ll be fine after i uninstall it. However, my virtual keyboard still not working after uninstall the scim for maemo. I’ve been searching for a solution for few days but no luck. Just i’m going to give up and decided to re-flash my N900, i found a solution posted at the scim for maemo issue forum. If you dare to try, then you may proceed, else you may exit.
To solve the virtual keyboard not working after uninstall scim, follow the steps below:-
- To perform this solution you need to install ‘gainroot’
- Start your X-Terminal and enter
- Next, go to /etc/event.d and check if there is a file named ‘scim’
if this scim is available, you can remove it using the command below:-1rm scim
- Next you need to enter this command:-
1/usr/bin/gtk-query-immodules-2.0 > /etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules
- Done, reboot your N900 and your virtual keyboard should be working by now.
Disclaimer: I held no responsibilities for any damage done to your machine. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!