Avast anti virus provide schedule boot scan before window start. if your PC got infected by virus, try to run a schedule boot scan before window start. This is to make sure the virus can’t load itself into the system memory while window start.
To schedule boot scan using Avast, follow the steps below:-
- Right click on the Avast system tray icon
- Click on “Start Avast Anti Virus”
- Avast anti virus window will pop up and run a memory scan
- Once memory scan finish, you can right click on the Avast anti virus window and select “Schedule Boot Time Scan”
- “Schedule Boot Time Scan” window will popup, select “Scan all local disk” and check on “Advanced Options”
- For normal infected file select “Move infected files to Chest” and select “No action” for system files and Press “Schedule” button.
- Avast will prompt you for restart to perform the Boot time scan and click “Yes” to reboot and start the scan.
- Done you have just scheduled a boot time scan from Avast anti virus
** Avast anti virus is a Free Anti Virus software for home user. It’s powerful yet free. Click here to read my review on Avast Anti Virus Software ***