Have been looking for ways to password protect the folder in Mac OS X. By default, there is a tool that allow you to password protect folder in Mac OS X. I guess not much ppl know how to password protect folder in Mac OS X.
To password protect folder in Mac OS X, follow the steps below:-
- Go to Finder -> Application -> Utilities -> Disk Utility
- File -> New -> Blank Disk Image -> type in a name for the image at “Save As”
- Choose “128-bit AES encryption (recommended)” at the “Encryption” field and click “Create” button
- Disk Utility will prompt you to set a password, just type in your password and click “OK”
- Disk Utility will create a .dmg disk image with password protection. Once done you can double click on the new .dmg file then key in the password. The file will open as a drive, and now you can start dragging your files and folders into the image.