To backup Thunderbird, u can try MozBackup. Mozbackup help you to backup Thunderbird. Besides, backup Thunderbird, It also allows you to backup Firefox bookmarks, mail, contacts, history, extensions, cache etc. (Download link located at the end of the post)
Just a quick tutorial, to backup Thunderbird, follow the steps below:-
– Start your MozBackup and click Next
– Select Backup a profile and highlight Mozilla Thunderbird and Click Next
– Highlight your profile (normally is default)
– Select the location where your backup files should store (by default it will save in My Document) and Click Next
– It will prompt your if you want to password protect your backup file. Click yes if you want.
– Then select the thing that you want to backup (ex: Email, address books, extensions, saved password, etc …) and click Next
– click Next and it will start to backup your Thunderbird
– Once finish, click on Finish and you are done!
Note: When you want to backup Thunderbird, please make sure all your Thunderbird is closed. Or else MozBackup will not work.
Here are some MozBackup Screen shot:-
*When u start MozBackup you will see this welcome screen
* Select your action (backup thunderbird or firefox)
* select the profile you want to backup and choose your backup file destination
* select what Thunderbird item you want to backup
I’ve been using MozBackup to backup Thunderbird for more than 1 year. Till now everything run smooth and stable. I’m able to restore my Thunderbird email anything with just few clicks away. Hope you like it 🙂
[tags]mozbackup, backup thunderbird, backup firefox, backup email, email backup, thunderbird email backup, freeware, free software, free backup software, free backup thunderbird software[/tags]