Many friends ask me about how to open .iso file? There are several way to open .iso file. I’ll introduce 2 methods to open .iso file on ms windows.
Actually we call .iso as ISO image and it’s contain a lot’s of file inside one .iso file. ISO file is used to store data in CD ROM.
Method 1: How to open .iso file with WinRaR?
- Download and install WinRaR.
- Once WinRaR installed, you open .iso file with WinRaR
- Start WinRaR and drag your .iso file to it and you will be able to extract it as normal zip file.
Method 2: How to open .iso file with Daemon Tools?
- Download and install Daemon Tools
- Start Daemon Tools once it is installed.
- Once started, you will see new icon at your system tray
- Right click on the Daemon Tools icon at system tray and select “Virtual CD/DVD ROM” -> “Set number of devices” -> “1 drive”
- Once select, it will process for while.
- After processed, Left Click on the Daemon Tools, select “Device 0: No Media”
- A file dialog window will pop up and now you can select your .iso file here and click Open
- Now, open your “My Computer”, you will see you have one more new “CD ROM drive”, double click on the new “CD ROM Drive” and you will see all the files within the .iso file
- Once you finish using the .iso file, you need to Left CLick on the system tray Daemon Tools icon again and select “Unmount all drives”
- Once unmount, you will not see any files in the new CD ROM Drive any more
- If you doesn’t use Daemon Tools anymore, you can now “Set number of devices” to “disable” and quit the program
Open .iso file using Daemon Tools is a bit complicated but it’s very useful if you want those file to be run on a drive. For instance, there are some games need to read the game CD during games, so you can create a .iso image from the original CD and mount it using Daemon Tools. Next time when you play your game, you do not need to put in the CD anymore.