I think many of you might accidentally deleted the Show Desktop icon in the quick launch bar. I also did accidentally deleted the Show Desktop icon at quick launch bar. Finally i found the solution to re create or restore this Show Desktop icon in quick launch bar again.
Just follow the steps below and you will restore Show Desktop icon back in your quick launch bar:-
- Click Start -> Run -> type Notepad and enter
- Copy the contents below to your Notepad and save as Show Desktop.scf
- Once the file created, drag the file to the Quick Launch bar.
You will see the icon above if you restore the Show Desktop successfully
- Done! You just restore Show Desktop icon.
Note: By default Notepad save all document as txt file. To save your file as .scf file extension, type the full file name together with the extension and simply select the “Save as type” from txt to “All files” and click “Save”
There are another way to restore show desktop icon in quick launch bar:-
- Click Start -> Run and type regsvr32 /n /i:U shell32.dll and enter
- Done! You just restore your Show Desktop icon
[tags]restore show desktop, restore desktop, window xp, win xp, show desktop icon, show desktop, windows xp, ms win xp, microsoft win xp, windows hack, window tweak, win hack, win tweak, regedit, registry edit[/tags]