Just installed the SVN 1.6 on my CentOS 5.2 server. I’m migrating my svn repo from another server which running svn 1.5.2. So i need to install svn that has a version higher than 1.5.2. To install SVN 1.6 you need to install RPMForge and run a few commands.
To install svn 1.6 on CentOS 5.2, follow the steps below:-
- First, download and install RPMForge from here. No worry, the website has a tutorial for you to follow and mostly copy and paste.
- Once your RPMForge installed, open this file
and change the value of
* This is to disable rpmforge from yum and you can enable it when you need later
- Now, enter the command below
$ yum --enablerepo=rpmforge list available | grep subversion
and you should see the latest subversion version from rpmforge.
subversion.i386 1.4.2-4.el5_3.1 base subversion.x86_64 1.6.9-0.1.el5.rf rpmforge subversion-devel.i386 1.4.2-4.el5_3.1 base subversion-devel.x86_64 1.6.9-0.1.el5.rf rpmforge subversion-javahl.x86_64 1.4.2-4.el5_3.1 base subversion-perl.x86_64 1.6.9-0.1.el5.rf rpmforge subversion-ruby.x86_64 1.4.2-4.el5_3.1 base
- Enter the command below to install the latest svn from rpmforge.
For 64 bit OS:-
$ yum --enablerepo=rpmforge install subversion.x86_64
For 32 bit OS:-
$ yum --enablerepo=rpmforge install subversion.i386
Just enter Yes for all the dependency needed and svn will be installed.
- To verify if SVN is properly installed, enter the command below and it should show u the svn version details.
$ svn --version