By default, WordPress RSS widget doesn’t open new window when user click on the link. I’ve been searching for the solution for quite a while and most of the solution refer to editing the wordpress core file (wp-includes/default-widgets.php). Editing core file are not a permanent solution, whenever there is wordpress update, it will write off your modification. At the end, i decided to use jQuery to solve the problem.
To open WordPress rss link in new window, follow the steps below:-
- Login to your WordPress admin panel, Appearance -> Editor
- Click on for header.php at the right sidebar
- Add the content below between the head tag
* make sure you have jquery loaded
- Once done, update the file and you may refresh your front page.
- Now you may click on rss link and it should be open in new window!
Easy to use jQuery Lightbox - Fancybox
How to encrypt my files in Mac OS X?
Open Office: How to change page layout to landscape
How to add HTML Signature in Thunderbird
How to setup mysqldump without password in cronjob
How to set print area in Calc - OpenOffice
Linux - How to check memory usage
Share this with your friends:-